Caring for your lawn and landscaping through regular watering is essential to its success. One of the most popular ways Kansas City property owners do this is through installing an irrigation system. These underground systems can help you manage waterflow on your property, but how do you know if installing one is the right choice for you?
While only you can make that decision, the pros and cons of installing an irrigation system include:
- Streamlined Watering: Irrigation systems eliminate the need for sprinklers, hoses, and other time-consuming watering processes. Instead, the system automatically waters your lawn evenly.
- Improved Conservation: With zone systems, soil moisture sensors, rain shut-off devices, and drip irrigation, an irrigation system helps to manage water wisely, never overdoing any area. This not only helps the environment, but also improves conditions for your vegetation.
- Lower Bills: Thanks to the improved water usage, irrigation systems are a wise investment. Since less water is required to perfectly care for your lawn, your water bills will be lower, saving you money in the long run.
- Intrusive Installation: Since irrigation systems are buried underground, sections of your yard will need to be dug up for the installation process. While Austin’s Lawn Care can help have your lawn back in top shape in no time, it is still a factor to consider.
- Maintenance Requirements: Regular seasonal maintenance performed by experts like those at Austin’s Lawn Care will be required for your irrigation system. If spring start ups or winterization are not done, your property could face dangerous damage.
- Problematic Pests: If your property suffers from underground pests, your irrigation system can be at risk for broken parts. Even though the Austin’s Lawn Care team can help with repairs quickly, having to deal with the costs is never fun.
Irrigation systems have a number of benefits, and it is no secret that even the cons can be managed with regular maintenance. Plus, Austin’s Lawn Care will always be available for helping you with all of your irrigation needs – from customizable designs to expert management to hassle-free repairs, and more.
To learn more or to begin an irrigation system installation for your property, contact Austin’s Lawn Care at 913-422-0012 today.